The College Kickstart class helps students to learn how to succeed in college, including conducting research to:
- Choose a college major and an associated future career goal
- Understand multiple methods of gaining college credit
- Develop a College Academic Plan of courses to complete, connecting past formal and informal learning to future goals.
Further, following the model set forth by the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning, students will learn how to appropriately document prior learning, including:
- Writing a Learning Narrative
- Drafting sample Letters of Verification
- Compiling a portfolio of evidence of learning including learning artifacts